19 May Hubei Polytechnic University (Medical College)
Hubei Polytechnic University (HBPU) is a multi-disciplinary university focusing on Medicine, Engineering with faculties in engineering, natural science, economics, management, medicine, literature, education, and arts. It is located in Huangshi (50 Km away from Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei Province), Hubei province—the “Cradle of the Bronze Culture of China”. It is only a 4-5 hour journey from HBPU to the majority part of China with many high-speed railways and superhighways going through Huangshi.
Founded in 1975, HBPU started as Huangshi Engineering College, Hubei Higher Learning Institution. It was renamed the Wuhan University of Technology, Huangshi Branch in 1981, Huangshi Polytechnical College in 1991, Huangshi Institute of Technology in 2004, and Hubei Polytechnic University in 2011. In 2010, it was ranked “qualified” in the undergraduate program evaluation conducted by the Ministry of Education, China. And since 2004 it started an Undergraduate medicine program.
HBPU has 20 schools and departments with a full-time student body of more than 20,000 and 8,000-odd part-time students. Leaning against a hill and facing a big lake, HBPU covers an area of 145 hectares (2189 mu) with a total construction area of more than 545,000 ㎡ with a picturesque environment. There are 50 laboratories with RMB138 million worth of facilities in support of academic and research activities on campus. Its library has an extensive collection of more than 1 million volumes and 18 e-book databases (including 2 million e-books).
HBPU has a faculty of 969, among whom are 100 professors, 323 associate professors, 465 master’s and152 Ph.D. degree holders, 51 doctoral and master supervisors. 2 scholars accredited with the “100 talents Project for Innovation”, 6 “Distinguished Young Scholars” and 5 “New Century Outstanding Talents Project” accredited by Hubei Provincial Government. 12 winners of “Special Allowances” accredited by China State Council and Hubei Provincial Government, 7 “Chutian Scholar Project” accredited by Hubei Provincial Government, 5 “Outstanding scholar” and 12 “Dongchu Scholar” accredited by Huangshi municipal government. HBPU has also employed 3 well-known academicians from universities in China and from abroad and over 30 scholars from renowned universities in China as its guest professor.
- Location: Huangshi city, Hubei Province
- Number of students: 18000
- International MBBS started year: Since 2015
- Number of International students on Campus：300+
- Nationalities of students: from 15 Countries Pakistan, Indonesia, Zambia, South Africa, Comoros, Malawi, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Ghana, Cabo Verdo, India.
- Hostel Standard for international students: 2 people in one room
- Kitchen: Yes ( Public)
- Laundry: Yes (Public）
- Canteen: Muslim and non-muslim canteen available on the campus
Provincial scholarships: 15000RMB
School scholarship: 1000-10000RMB
- FIrst-year full payment is 40000RMB including all the charges may consume on registration at school ( except food expenses and other personal expenses).
- Books fee from the second year to the sixth year will be paid according to the actual price.
- Six years is internship year, tuition fee will be charged according to the actual price, if do an internship in China, will pay the full fee, if do an internship in other countries(not China), the student will pay half of the tuition fee.
- 800RMB application fee should be paid after receiving the acceptance of documents. others can pay on arrival ( if offer online class, the fee should be paid 2 weeks before online class started).
- Fee can be paid in USD or RMB. USD will be charged according to the actual currency rate.
Applicant should submit the following documents:
- Clear and Colored scan of your passport (first 10pages).
- Clear and Colored scan Highest educational diploma, transcripts.
- Clear and Colored scan of work experience letter (if the applicant has work experiences).
- Clear and Colored scan of Physical Examination Form.
- Clear and Colored scan of Non-Criminal Certificate.
- Clear and Colored scan of Sponsor ID or Passport.
- Clear and Colored scan of financial sponsor letter.
- Clear and Colored scan of Bank statement of Sponsor (balance not less than an equal amount of 7000USD).
- Clear and Colored scan of 2 inches electronic photo with white background.
- Clear and Colored scan of China Visa and Chinese University Study letter (if Applicant studied in China before).
- Clear and Colored scan of Reward certificate or Language Certificate (if have).
- A self-introduction video (optional).